The Analyst shall be able to assist, prepare, develop, and deliver support for budget development, execution, and reconciliation. The analyst will apply knowledge of accounting, finance, budgeting, execution, reporting practices; and data information systems, in support of the business financial manager.
The Analyst shall provide financial management support to:
- Run ERP data extractions; sort raw ERP data to isolate items. Update reporting documents as required to reflect conditional cell changes and population of data based on ERP data. Clearly communicate ERP data analysis to colleagues, senior staff, and various government POCs.
- Prepare program budgets, reports and financial documentation; draw conclusions and draft solutions to funding/budgeting requirements & problems relating to improvement of financial management effectiveness, work methods, financial systems, and procedure efficiency.
- Perform budget forecasting tasks, variance identification and analysis, program or financial execution reporting and reviews, schedule analysis, earned value management (EVM) analysis, and/or provide recommendations to the program office on all matters relating to budget, schedule, or EVM.
- Identify accounting discrepancies and take appropriate corrective actions. Identify, prepare and assist with correction of posting errors in financial records.
- Use automated management information systems to perform fact finding, analytical, and advisory functions.
- Compile division level financial material from a variety of sources in support of various tasks and requirements for financial metrics, management internal control program, self-assessment program, and routine reporting.
- Prepare, develop, and/or assist with financial papers, briefings, or other inputs.
- Draft financial data documentation for submission to the Government financial lead/analyst.
- Provide status of approved, deferred, and released funds using new or existing organizational formats.