The Program Executive Officer (PEO) for Tankers is responsible for the planning and execution of all life cycle activities for the Air Force’s tanker fleet, to include development, test, production, fielding, and support of the KC-46 tanker system, as well as modification and support of the fielded KC-135 and KC-10 tanker systems operated by the Air Force and partner nations. The tasks below are integral to the execution and modernization of the total tanker fleet.
The employee shall provide Administrative Support (e.g. provide a multitude of analysis, procedural competency and process improvement strategies with increasing levels of responsibility).
- This includes but is not limited to staff support for the senior managers and members of the organizational staff, researching and compiling information pertaining to certain projects/topics, prepares factual, clear, concise, complete, and appropriately coordinated written communications.
- Ensure leadership is kept informed on all issues of interest that relate to the mission of the Directorate. Monitors progress toward accomplishment of various task and initiatives
- Provides support by supplying the information and background for the preparation of program events; drafts documents for the approval and signature of leadership
- Disseminates program policy and specific initiative guidance for members of the organization
- Coordinates, documents, monitors, and supports a variety of meetings and conferences to include, but not limited to, scheduling and set up of physical and virtual meetings
- Prepares background information and invites required meeting participants ensuring documentation of the meetings are filed IAW organizational policy. Documentation may include but is not limited to attendance logs, minutes, and/or action items with corresponding action officers
- Maintains scheduling documents and requirements for video and on-line conferencing set up and execution. This may include but is not limited to maintenance logs on equipment and the corresponding instructions on equipment set-up and meeting execution
- Provides travel planning and execution support
- Additional duties as assigned