USfalcon, Inc., recognized as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in the United States, is seeking a Junior Software Engineer to support the Tanker Directorate at Wright Patterson AFB, OH.
- CONUS travel may be required.
- Prepare and deliver documentation such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Specification verification assessments.
- Subsystem and component design assessments.
- Lab, ground, and flight test report assessments.
- Lab, ground, and flight test procedure assessments.
- Experimental Flight Release Basis (EFRB) artifact assessments.
- MIL-HDBK-516B criterion gap and risk assessments.
- Evaluate technical documents, determining sufficiency for demonstrating compliance with spec and airworthiness, summarizing findings, recommending changes, and
communicating all results to program office.
- Provide technical expertise to design, develop, integrate and test embedded (not Business or Server based) software in the airborne domain, including computer
systems integrity and airworthiness.
- Provide technical advice and mentoring in the area of software and the effects of the software on LRU, integrated avionics systems, and Leads Aircraft Block Cycle
Upgrades on a regularly-scheduled basis.
- Provide functional platform specific knowledge to address the highly functionally integrated computer system architectures including performance timing/sizing/speed
requirements and planning, execution and assessment of Platform enterprise efforts to include commercial off the shelf and/or new hardware and software.
- Support Aircraft Information Management Systems (AIMS) requirements/ testing/ certification and spectrum management requirements/ testing/ certification.
- Use knowledge of Communications, Navigation, Surveillance/Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) requirements, policies, and regulations to define requirements, complete
CNS/ATM compliance matrices, and support testing and certification of aircraft and supporting systems.
- Review/develop/ update applicable program documentation for avionics engineering relevant requirements.
- Review/develop/update applicable program documentation for systems engineering relevant requirements/issues.
- Support and assist systems analyses to include, but not be limited to, avionics system design/design feasibility and state-of-the-art assessment.
- Assist the customer in developing systems/subsystem specifications.
- Provide draft documentation defining system/subsystem specifications.
- Perform analyses of avionics and subsystems including, but not limited to: system threat analysis, laser systems, computer systems, avionics interfaces, and multiplex
bus communications, and identify potential issues and/or areas of improvement for Government
- Support development and test of the program system software and its integration into the program system architecture.
- Attend all technical reviews and provide technical advice on the path forward to installation of the new software into the system.
- Support and assist performance effectiveness, cost effectiveness, cost performance, life-cycle cost, producibility, maintainability, supportability, reliability, technical and
schedule risk assessments, and scheduling trade-off studies.
- Review system specific test plans and participate in system, subsystem, and component software testing.
- Review and perform assessments on program specific databases; analyze Built in Test (BIT) failure reports and compare failure reports against the BIT.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Computer Engineering preferred) from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited program.
- A minimum of threee (3) years of relevant engineering experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated expertise in all phases of acquisition.
- Experience with USAF and FAA airworthiness processes and certification requirements.
- Systems engineering expertise in systems design, integration, quality and industrial engineering.
- Experience in Supplemental Type Certification.
- Knowledge of avionics engineering in support of avionics subsystem definition, development, integration, all verification methods to include review of ICDs, sustainment,
modeling/simulation, test and evaluation, and airworthiness certification across a wide range of hardware and software systems.