USfalcon, Inc. recognized as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in the United States is seeking a Senior Engineer to work at Fort Eustis, Virginia.
- Periodic travel is required (approximately once per month) within continental US.
- Analyze new situations, formulates new ideas, procedures, and processes; and generates requirements with
sufficient detail to start a new design and solve complex problems.
- Applies broad knowledge of hardware and software technologies to generate highly innovative, cost effective,
system level design solutions
- Execute and enhance engineering efforts and processes with regard to development and sustaining
projects throughout the organization.
- Perform total systems technical planning; system integration; verification and validation; cost, risk, supportability
and effectiveness analyses.
- Perform analysis at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation,
operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions
that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail
trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into
hardware and software specifications.
- Contribute engineering expertise and process knowledge to enhance company objectives and processes,
effectively communicating and gathering support for them.
- Update engineering procedures and policies.
- Generate Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) Estimates and Supports proposals, customer presentations, and
New Product Design
- Participate in design, development, qualification and systems testing of Rotary Wing training devices.
- Maintain communications with the Subject Matter Experts, cognizant engineers, Project Engineer and
Engineering Group Manager on all project topics.
- Prepare status and technical reports as required using Microsoft Office software.
- Generate and participate in formal documentation reviews.
- Work within defined development processes and guidelines.
- High Level & Low Level Requirements capture, allocation and traceability analysis.
- Perform avionics systems and equipment level test, evaluation, integration and problem report resolution.
- Author and review System and equipment level test procedures and reports under the guidance of Subject
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of relevant experience.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a national agency check.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Application and development of functional architecture and requirements tracking in large systems.
- Expertise in systems development and systems engineering processes.
- Able to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in the development of system design and
build consensus among stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the military aerospace development environment is preferred.
- Systems engineering knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge of working within a Quality environment (Particularly ISO 9001 and/or CMMI).
- Aerospace, mechanical, or electrical engineering preferred.